Monday, December 13, 2010

Saying Goodbye to 2010...


To the year 2010,

This year has changed/strengthened/tested me more than any other year of my life. I have experienced heartache like I never thought possible, but at the same time I still found peace and joy in the simple little things that life has to offer. I gained the most amazing relationship, father/daughter bond with my Dad this year. He became my best friend more so than he ever has been before. Through our trials and tough times my Dad and I built each other up and even found time to laugh our troubles away. No matter what the situation was my Dad always found a way to laugh about it or make it seem not so terrible. I have had my trials before some that really seemed unbearable but losing my Dad has really challenged how strong my faith not only spiritually is but also faith in myself. I know now more than ever that if I have faith in myself that I am strong enough to get through something even if I may not want to I eventually will. Through experiences and trials this year I have also grown closer to my family, especially my two brothers. They mean the world to me. I value my family and our time together very much. Each person in my family has there own special importance to me whether they know it or not. I am also the luckiest girl in the entire world to have been blessed with such wonderful, supportive friends. Some people would shy away from tough situations and rather not deal with it, not my friends! They are all always by my side no matter what the situation may be. Their strength and positive examples are what helps me see that even though I am grieving and sad that I will be ok and I will make it through this. There is nothing like having the love and support of your family and best friends. For that I am soo thankful! While trials hit me hard this year it still has been fun at times too. I got to go on numerous trips with my Dad and family, make daily Target runs with him, our breakfast/lunch/ and dinner dates, and countless hours just talking to him and even just hugging him and telling him over and over again how much I love him and how much he means to me not just as my Daddy but as my best friend. So as much as I hate to say goodbye to 2010 and start a new year it doesn't mean I will ever forget my Dad it's not possible. I will always cherish the memories we made this year and all the other years prior. Here's to a New Year coming soon! Let's pray it is our best and most memorable year yet! :)

No comments: