Saturday, March 7, 2009

"All The Stars In The Sky"






So I wanted to do a post for my Dad because One I haven't posted in a while and Two, my Dad and our family are going through a hard time right now and it helps to write about it and not hold it in...My Dad is struggling with an illness that he has had since he was 18 years old and those of you that are my close friends know what illness I am talking about...Well as I've been told his illness has gotten worse and its been a rough battle for him lately and some of you that have seen my Dad might not have even recognized him because as my grandma said he looks like a teenager because he has lost soo much weight...I have had some pretty hard trials in my life and I thought that after what I went through with my depression trials I wouldn't have to face anymore but thats not always true...In life we are given these trials and not only do they make us stronger and the people we are today and in the future but they bring us closer to our heavenly father and we have to lean on him more and know that he is right there with his arms extended waiting to help us through all of this. This trial has also brought me closer to my dad...never in my life did I think Id be on the other end of this and being the one to take care of my Dad and watch him in pain...it makes me appreciate him soo much more and know how he felt when I was in the hospital and he didnt know if I would be ok, now Im seeing exactly how he felt and how much his love for me, his only daughter just grew to be stronger. Im soo grateful to know that families are forever and that no matter what happens my family will be together again someday. Im also grateful for the temple and that I had the opportunity to go today and do baptisms with my good friend dani hancock. I have never felt the spirit more strongly than I did today...And lastly I am soo soo grateful for every one of my friends, without all you guys I know I wouldn't get through half the things I have gone through. I love you all soo much!
And Daddy I love you All The Stars In The Sky!!! Im here to take care of you no matter how hard it gets, we can beat this together! Rumseys dont give up EVER!!!

4 comments:

Brian and Brianna said...

I love seeing how strong you become, more and more everyday. I'm proud of you and your faith. That's so awesome you were able to go to the temple :) I hope things get better with your dad, he's lucky to have you, and he's definitely in good hands

Alli said...

Your dad is so lucky to have you! You are always so giving and care about everyone around you. I love knowing that if I ever needed anything you would be there for me in a second. I agree with everythinhg Bri said. You blow me away with your sweet testimony. I am so proud of you and everything you have gone through has definatly made you stronger! Its hard to be the only member in your family, I know yours is very supportive but to go to church alone is hard. And you do it with a smile on your face :) I love you and I am so glad we are friends. Thank you for your sweet comment! I hope you know I am always here for you even if I don't have all the answers or don't know exactly what to say, I can always listen and we can cry together. :) I know your dad will get better. Love ya!

nate and amy crandell said...

you so cute Rachel I admire you! best of luck to your DAD :)

Jules said...

oooh rachel where do i begin?? Like bri and alli i am sooo proud of you and so amazed at all you do. You truly are a selfless person and I know you will always be there for me. I hope you know the door swings both ways even tho im up here in utah! I will keep your dad in my prayers and I know it will all work out. Keep up the faith and know we are all here for you. love ya!